[Radiance-general] no output from optics2rad

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Mon May 11 14:01:45 PDT 2009

Hi Chris,

Why is your description missing the "glass" descriptor Optics usually
produces?  The optics2rad script is a bit fragile to such
oversights.  Maybe you just took it out for brevity.

In any case, the optics2rad script doesn't like underscores in names
any better than it likes Spaces.  The only underscore you can have is
before the final "_glass", "_front" or "_back".  The issue is not
with Radiance but with the rcalc program, which looks for the end of
the name by searching for an underscore.  Not much way around it, I'm
afraid.  All three names need to be identical as well, e.g.:

void glass SB60-Starphire-8_glass
0
0
3 .95 .95 .95

void  BRTDfunc    SB60-Starphire-8_front
10
       0.050     0.057     0.073
       0.795     0.815     0.777
       0 0 0