[Radiance-general] no output from optics2rad

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Sat May 9 14:21:59 PDT 2009

Hi Anne,

Thanks for sharing the file.  For some reason, Optics dropped a
critical line from its output, making the actual scene description
illegal and breaking the optics2rad translator.  Both BRTDfunc
descriptors were missing a critical '.' in their description.  Yours
look like this:

void  BRTDfunc    ANTELIOSILVER6mm_front
10
       0.267     0.321     0.395
       0.678     0.655     0.576
       0 0 0

0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

when they should look like this:

void  BRTDfunc    ANTELIOSILVER6mm_front
10
       0.267     0.321     0.395
       0.678     0.655     0.576
       0 0 0
       .
0
9 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

------------
I don't actually know what happened to the period, but reinserting
it, optics2rad works again, producing:

void BRTDfunc ANTELIOSILVER6mm
10
         rR_clear rG_clear rB_clear
         0.678*tR_clear   0.655*tG_clear   0.576*tB_clear
      0 0 0
      window.cal
0
15 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0