[Radiance-general] Description of complex glass systems (geometry+ material)

marina aviles olmos marina.aviles at gmail.com
Tue May 5 08:05:45 PDT 2009

Hi Robin, hi All

yes I want to simulate a laminated glass in a double glass system. This
laminated glass is a prototyp of a glazing system and there is no
information about it anywhere. It is also a quite complicated system
with embeded coating and interlayer and I can get its description from
Optics5. That's why I think the way to describe this glasses are with
the spectrometer measurements.

I am still not sure anyway if I describe the glasses propertly.
Does anybody knows if this is right like this:

#window geometry:

double_glazing_a    polygon    window
0
0
12    0        -0.18    0
        0        -0.18    3.34
       4.13    -0.18    3.34
       4.13    -0.18    0

#window material:

void BRTDfunc double_glazing_a
10
if(Rdot,cr(fr(rf1_r),ft(t1_r),fr(rf2_r)),cr(fr(rb2_r),ft(t2_r),fr(rb1_r)))
if(Rdot,cr(fr(rf1_g),ft(t1_g),fr(rf2_g)),cr(fr(rb2_g),ft(t2_g),fr(rb1_g)))
if(Rdot,cr(fr(rf1_b),ft(t1_b),fr(rf2_b)),cr(fr(rb2_b),ft(t2_b),fr(rb1_b)))
ft(t1_r)*ft(t2_r)
ft(t1_g)*ft(t2_g)
ft(t1_b)*ft(t2_b)
        0 0 0
        glaze2.cal

0
9
        0 0 0
        0 0 0
        0 0 0

where I just have to substitute the next measured data:

Red: 700nm --     rf1_r    rb1_r     rf2_r     rb2_r    t1_r     t2_r
Green: 546nm -- rf1_g    rb1_g    rf2_g    rb2_g    t1_g    t2_g
Blue: 436 --         rf1_b    rb1_b    rf2_b    rb2_b    t1_b    t2_b

Thanks again,

Marina