[Radiance-general] How to calculate the ( rtn gtn btn ) values of the material type glass ?

marina aviles olmos marina.aviles at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 09:02:44 PDT 2009

Hi Greg,

I don't know how I didn't thought about this. It seems also like quite
an intuituve description!
The results also look like right.

Nevertheless I define how I have proceeded, because there is a step that
could be wrong.

>From the hole transmitance spectrum of each glass sample I have just
taken the transmittance values at this wavelengths you said and then
calculated its tn

#glass sample 01

Rot=700nm        Tn=40.8            rtn= 18.093
Green=546         Tn=48.13          gtn= 18.813
Blue=436            Tn=42.87          btn= 18.317

void glass smpl_01
0
0
3    0.18093    0.18813        0.18317

And this would be the hole material description of this transparent
glass, als just one layer glass, 10mm thick

Thanks again,

Marina