[Radiance-general] mkillum implementation for light modifier (l+ switch)

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 09:37:28 PST 2009

Hi Lars,

The 'l+' option to mkillum (that's that's a lower-case 'L,' everyone)
turns designated surfaces into light sources, which as you say must
include all components for correctness.  This will NOT produce an
appropriate model for blinds that admit direct sunlight, but will be
fine if sunlight is excluded by the blind angle or for diffusing or
other surfaces where the direct component is negligible.

It's not merely for debugging purposes -- using light sources rather
than illum's is appropriate under some circumstances.

-Greg