[Radiance-general] batch renders with explicit direct and diffuseirradiance

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 5 15:03:40 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-05 at 17:19 +0100, Giovanni Betti wrote:

> When I create a series of batch images, I need to provide ecotect with a *.brf (txt) file with the following information
> Output name		Month 	Day	Time	Sky	Lat.	 Long.  TimeZone	Orientation
>
> Which looks like this:
>
> row: ty3_001, 4, 1, 10.00, +s, 24.600, -46.700, -45.000, 42.000 55.9

I'd guess that last '55.9' is the -B value. It's optional but will
create a 10000lux sky which is a nice value to work with.

> What gets output is a batch file (*.bat) which automatically runs the command prompt and generates the different images and a *.rad file that overrides my previous sky definition and changes at every subsequent run.

If you can access the *.bat file before it is run you should find the
sky definitions in it (assuming that is just lists each step in the
loop). You can simply add the -B and -R option and values to the line
that gets written into the sky file in each loop. Then run the batch
file as before.

If you have a few hundred or thousand values, though, we should find
another solution. If you can send me the *.bat file we can work out
the steps that are necessary in EcoTect.

Cheers,
Thomas