[Radiance-general] Shadow above highlight?

Jack de Valpine jedev at visarc.com
Mon Jul 27 16:24:44 PDT 2009

Hi John,

As Thomas mentioned it might be helpful to post the parameters that you
used to produce the image. Also to be clear, if you "only" want sunlight
(no sky) then  you should only use the gensky line, removing:

skyfunc glow sky_glow
0
0
4 0 0 0 0

sky_glow source sky
0
0
4 0 0 1 180

These lines produce a sky description to go along with the sun (and
skyfunc definition) produced by gensky.

-Jack

Thomas Bleicher wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 11:41 PM, <schwaj3 at rpi.edu> wrote:
>
>> I am fairly stumped as to what is going on here. I have a box with a
>> square hole, 1/3 x 1/3 the width of the box, to allow sunlight into my room.
>>

> [...]
>

>> This picture was rendered using -ab 1
>> http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu111/radiancebox/radiance.jpg
>> You'll note on this image, that there is a strange shadow on the ceiling.
>> I am unable to figure out why.
>>

> John. I can't really explain what's going on but have you tried to
> increase your "-ab" value? This should provide you with a more
> even light distribution.
>
> You can probably also change other values like "-ad" or "-aa".
> But you didn't comment on those so I can't say if there is potential.
>
> Thomas

# Jack de Valpine
# president
#
# visarc incorporated
# http://www.visarc.com
#
# channeling technology for superior design and construction