[Radiance-general] daylight factor and rtrace cmd

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu Jul 16 23:02:06 PDT 2009

Hi Thomas,

I agree that the -oo output is odd behavior.  I'm a bit afraid to
change it, though, because there might be someplace in the code where
zero ray lengths are problematic, and the initial "false primary" ray
is needed for consistency for rtrace's reporting routines.  I suppose
I can try it and see if anything bad happens.

I'm not sure what you mean, though, about the -I option changing the
effect of -ab.  I suppose it depends on how you think about it.  With
-ab set to 0, only direct illumination arriving at that position is
considered.  Setting -ab 1 sends out sample rays over the hemisphere
to gather indirect contributions.  Is this other than what you would
expect?

-Greg