[Radiance-general] daylight factor and rtrace cmd

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Thu Jul 16 19:45:08 PDT 2009

Yes, the -oo option combined with -I doesn't really work properly in
rtrace, as it "fakes" an intersection with an ideal diffuse surface a
tiny amount (about 1e-6) in front of the point you specified, while
setting the ray origin arbitrarily one unit before it.  No actual
intersection calculation is done, so no worries about intervening
rays.  This is something I should fix, but since you give the origin
on input, it hasn't come up very often where people want the same
origin on output.

-Greg