[Radiance-general] Image from text

dbs176 at gmail.com dbs176 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 06:42:43 PST 2009

Hi all,

I wanted to take the some of the -o outputs of rtrace and feed it to a
couple of scripts that would modify the output based on a the rtrace
parameters. However, I don't have a good method of turning that ASCII text
back into an image (aside from PIL, ImageMagick, and the ra_* commands). Is
there a way to take a series of numbers/values and convert it to a Radiance
picture, like rpict with the ability to input data instead of a scene? If
so, which values would I need?

Thanks in advance,

--Dave