[Radiance-general] Getting number of pixels for fisheye view

Lars O. Grobe akilog at nus.edu.sg
Tue Jan 27 19:36:13 PST 2009

Hi list,

to be able to integrate the luminance values of a fisheye view, I need
the number of pixels in the image that are part of the view. I can take
all pixels which have not a value of exactly 0 (as this should never
exist for a valid material), but this seams to be not very accurate. I
know that I can test if a pixel is inside the field of view using pcomb,
which defines S(n) as zero for pixels outside the view, but I do not
know how to access this value to count pixels inside the view. At the
moment, the easiest way for me would be to render a fisheye pointing
towards a 180 degree source without any geometry and count all
none-black pixels, but I am sure that there must be a better way to test
for the pixels' validity.

CU Lars.