[Radiance-general] IES file viewer

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Thu Jan 22 12:13:49 PST 2009

I agree with Marija's comment, it is easy to lose your bearings after
rotating the fixture a bit and forget which axis is which. Might be
difficult to do with actual text labels for X Y and Z in a 3D view, but
Sketchup and AutoCAD seem to agree on a red X axis, green Y axis, and
blue Z axis. In sketchup the positive axes are a bolder color than the
negative axes for clarity (of course it's easy to recommend additions to
other peoples work ;)

Another handy feature would be just to display the maximum candela value
of the distribution, to be able to judge the total output quickly
without going to the "Show Photometric Data" window.

that being said ... it's a great tool, Thanks!

>Maybe some legend about planes colors should be aded. Maybe in About
dialog or some tool-tip when we are on image.