[Radiance-general] rayinit.cal problem

Lars O. Grobe akilog at nus.edu.sg
Tue Jan 20 03:12:55 PST 2009

Hi,

I have never used radiance on windows and do not know about windows
neither. Still there is something strange in what you describe:

> now i run
>  % oconv sky.rad  outside.rad  window.rad  room.rad  > test1.oct
>
> (...)
>
> my .bash_profile was
>
>  # System-wide .bashrc file
> # change the directories if necessary
> PATH=.:/opt/radiance/bin:$PATH
> RAYPATH=.:/opt/radiance/lib
> MANPATH=/opt/radiance/doc/man:$MANPATH
> export PATH RAYPATH MANPATH
>
> (...)
>
> later i found the "rayinit.cal" file path
> (C:\cygwin\home\abc\opt\radiance\cygwin-radiance_dist-3R9\lib)

You found rayinit.cal in a subdirectory called
cygwin-radiance_dist-3R9\lib, so I guess your binaries are in
cygwin-radiance_dist-3R9\bin, right? Still your PATH points to
/opt/radiance/bin, and you are able to call oconv. So something is
wrong. Is it possible that the settings in this .bash_profile are
overwritten somewhere?

CU Lars.