[Radiance-general] su2rad - v1.0 alpha release announcement

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Sun Jan 18 06:44:44 PST 2009

Hi all (including Windows users!).

I have released yet another preview of my SketchUp
exporter script. This is still a test version
and should not be used in a production environment!

The big news: It works on Windows, too!

Other changes:

     * (nearly) feature complete interface
     * material assignment via drag'n'drop (in JavaScript!)
     * advanced view settings like fisheye projections
     * materials from Radiance scene files can be used

I hope you will provide me with feedback on the usability
or usefulness of the features so far.

I have only tested it on SketchUp 7 so you are advised to
upgrade. The script works on the free version ('Google Sketchup')
so there is no need to buy new licenses. Note that SU7 files do
not open in SU6!

Download and Installation
=========================

Please read the introduction and comments on

http://sites.google.com/site/tbleicher/su2rad/1-0-alpha

The download for the zip file is:

http://su2rad.googlecode.com/files/su2rad_1.0.alpha.zip

As always, extract the zip file, copy 'su2rad.rb' and
'su2radlib' into the SketchUp 'plugins' folder and you're
good to go.

Don't forget to come back with comments.

Regards,
Thomas