[Radiance-general] Re: Glazing transparency/reflectivity study

Galen Burrell Galen.Burrell at arup.com.au
Thu Jan 15 19:54:09 PST 2009

Thanks Jack.

All seems clear and I've got some results that I'm pretty happy with.  One thing I'm still a little unclear about is how you would apply a low-e film to a non-clear glass (i.e. tinted green, blue, etc) if the script requires one surface to be "clear" for each pane.

For example:
VE2-2M (http://www.viracon.com/makeupsheet.php?id=3840) has the VE-2M coating applied to Evergreen glass on the #2 surface.  As it is now, I would input:
Surface 1 - Clear
Surface 2 - VE2-2M on evergreen (from optics 5 data)
Surface 3 - Clear
Surface 4 - Clear

Is there an easy hack to make Surface 1 evergreen instead of clear?

Thanks,
Galen