[Radiance-general] feeling guinea piggish?

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Tue Jan 6 01:50:54 PST 2009

Hi Rob.

On 6 Jan 2009, at 00:03, Fitzsimmons, Rob wrote:

> I installed SU 7 and put the surad.pl and the su2radlib folder in /
> Library/Application Support/Google Sketchup 7/Plugins folder.

That should be a su2rad.rb. Can you check that it
really has the *.rb extension, please. Sketchup will
only load *.rb files. My version of SU7 now came with
are lower case 'plugins' folder. Did you create your
own?

If this is not the problem, open the Ruby console
(menu Window - Ruby console) and type at the prompt

load 'su2rad.rb'

That should, at least, create an error message that
can tell us something. If it returns 'true' it should
be fine.
> However, I don't see it in my plugins menu - just Cost > Assign
> Estimate to Material  etc.
> I do have it working in SU 5 and SU 6
>
> I also put them in my account  Users/robfitzs/Library/Application
> Support/Google Sketchup 7/Plugins

I don't know is Sketchup uses a private directory.
I'll try that; sounds like a good idea.
> Could my multiple versions be causing a problem?
> OS 10.4.11

Same here. I have no problem with multiple version of
SU. But you can only have one version of 'su2rad.rb' and
'su2radlib' in the 'plugins' folder.

How do you identify your SU versions? I modified
the colors of my appicon to see which is SU7 and SU6.

PS: Good news for the Windows folks: I found the
     show stopper bug on IE. Expect an update shortly.

Regards,
Thomas