[Radiance-general] Mac osx install errors

Kevin Kyte kkyte at robsonwoese.com
Fri Jan 2 13:25:21 PST 2009

Greetings!  Straight Noob here, attempting to revitalize an old ibook with os jaguar.  I have been enjoying the past couple days learning some fundamental commands.
I seem to have a similar problem that which this thread was started on.  Coming across something like this in the terminal after several errors.

Add /usr/local/bin to the beginning of your execution path:
For C-shell users, put the following into ~/.cshrc
        set path=( /usr/local/bin $path )
For Bourne shell users, put the following into $HOME/.profile
        PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
        export PATH

I do not get anything for raypath or tshcrc.  I am unfamiliar with setenv or alias.  Admittedly, I have little idea of what I am doing up until this point and no idea what to do beyond this point.
Your help is appreciated.

Kevin

"This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original message."