[Radiance-general] Installing gendaylit

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Tue Feb 17 03:53:30 PST 2009

On 17 Feb 2009, at 11:34, Chandrayee Basu wrote:

> Is there any problem regarding the location of Gendaylit? The
> binaries of RADIANCE are in /usr/local/bin while the libraries are
> in /usr/local/lib/ray. But the default location of the Gendaylit
> components is /usr/local/radiance. Could this be a problem? Do I
> have to reset the environment variable PATH for Gendaylit?

The simplest solution is to edit the makefile and
change the installation locations to your existing
Radiance installation (binary and libraries). Then
run 'make install' again in the source directory.

Alternatively you can extend your RAYPATH and
PATH to include the location of gendaylit and its
*.cal files.

There is no risk of overwriting existing
files so I would recommend the first option;

Regards,
Thomas