[Radiance-general] Daylight factor

Marija Velickovic maricanis at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 02:17:07 PST 2009

Hi Victor,

You don't need 2 calculations, just one.
With the overcast sky:
gensky 12 21 12.00 -c -a 31.400 -o -121.400 -m -120.000 -B 0.558659,
calculate internal illuminances with rtrace, and then just divide this
values with 100lux (sky diffuse horizontal illuminance).
No need to calculate illuminances in the same point when there is no
building, since diffuse horizontal illuminance means exactly that:

**
*diffuse horizontal
illuminance*<http://www.satel-light.com/guide/glosatod.htm#evd>:Illuminance
produced by the visible part of the diffuse solar radiation on
a horizontal surface on the earth.

Also, I think you should use sky with higher diffuse illuminance, at least
1000lux, because with such low outside lux, like the ones you have, results
inside may be too low, and errors due to ambient calculation may be more
visible.

Hope this helps,
Marija