[Radiance-general] New rtrace -n option

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 15:21:16 PST 2009

Hi Rob,

Thanks for the feedback.

The bogus material error is caused by the function preload_objs(),
which goes through and loads all the auxiliary data (including .cal
files) for all scene objects, whether referenced or not.  This
function is called by any of the shared-memory parallel execution
modes to maximize static shared data, thereby minimizing system memory
use.  The same thing would happen with the -PP option.

Cheers,
-Greg