[Radiance-general] Re: spatial scale in .obj file

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 09:06:14 PST 2009

Hi Bei,

The command:

	% obj2rad test.obj | getbbox

returns:
      xmin      xmax      ymin      ymax      zmin      zmax
  -1.58231   1.51769   18.3588   21.4588  0.949999      4.05

 From this, you can deduce that the sphere has a radius of 3.1 and is
centered at the average of the above coordinates, or (-.0323, 19.9,
2.5).  You can also run objview on the output of obj2rad (after adding
a material) and look at it.

In general, we discourage people from posting attachments to the
mailing list, but this one was pretty small so hopefully it won't
cause any trouble.

Cheers,
-Greg