[Radiance-general] Problem with refraction in Dielectric material

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Aug 20 17:38:11 PDT 2009

Hi Francesco,

Radiance doesn't compute "caustics" directly -- refractions of beam
radiation through dielectric materials.  You can visualize the
displacement of light rays by looking through a dielectric solid, but
the beams of light will not be translated by default.  (It is possible
to get such behavior using the prism types, but it's not provided as a
default behavior because such modeling is expensive and not required
by most architectural environments.)

Best,
-Greg