[Radiance-general] Shadow above highlight?

Zack Rogers zrogers at ideasi.com
Mon Aug 17 10:24:46 PDT 2009

Hi John,

Even without this funny sampling behavior I think there could be a slightly darker patch on the ceiling due to the 1/3 x 1/3 square on the adjacent wall that has a 0% reflectance.  That dark portion of the ceiling could just have a stronger coupling to the 0% reflectance surface than the other surfaces around.  Do your radiosity renderings show any darker spots on the ceiling?

Cheers,
Zack

  ZACK ROGERS, P.E., LEED AP, IESNA

INTEGRATED DESIGN ASSOCIATES, INC