[Radiance-general] Using SSLD skies with sun

Phillip Greenup Phillip.Greenup at arup.com
Wed Aug 12 02:12:20 PDT 2009

OK - thanks for the explanation.  All clearer now!

I'm thinking that this shouldn't really cause you much problems.  You may be right that the sun will block that part of the sky nearest to the solar position, but that part of the sky that is blocked will be really small, and much less bright than the sun, so it should (I think?) make very little, to no, difference.  And because the diffuse sky is only part of the indirect calculation, a small change in directionality should again be almost unnoticeable.

BTW, you could always set the sun direction input for the SSLD definition (A8, A9, A10) equal to that generated by gensky?

Cheers!
Phil.