[Radiance-general] Re: Radmap irradiance shifts

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Wed Apr 29 11:06:21 PDT 2009

This seems to make some sense. Anyone have a guess of whether it would
be more productive to set -dt 0 or -dc 1 in order to ensure no sources
are missed? In the man page those two settings seem to lead to avoidance
of estimations in the direct calculation.

-Chris

On Behalf Of Andrew McNeil
Sent: Wednesday, April 29, 2009 1:36 PM

I'm going out on a limb here but I'd suggest looking at -dt and -dc
parameters.

It could be that direct source testing stops earlier than you'd like for
unobstructed surfaces.  I expect that a scene with ~4000 suns should
have higher parameters for direct sampling anyway.