[Radiance-general] rview window pop out black and exit

Greg Ward gward at lmi.net
Sat Apr 25 11:18:54 PDT 2009

Hi Ren,

I see nothing wrong with your command that I can see.  I would
suspect something with your scene file, except if oconv ran OK then
your scene must be alright.  It does seem likely that something is
wrong with the X11 connection, but it's impossible to debug from here
with no error messages or symptoms.  You can kill rvu with ^\ to get
it to dump a core file (if enabled) and find out where it's stuck
that way, but you have to know something about programming and your
system configuration.  I know the former but not the latter, and I
don't have access to your machine.  This is not a common problem.
It's the first I've heard of it.

Anyone else have suggestions?

-Greg