[Radiance-general] VIPS image processing lib

jelle feringa jelleferinga at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 10:41:57 PDT 2009

Hi,

Something worth sharing is that recently I've been working with VIPS (
http://www.vips.ecs.soton.ac.uk/index.php?title=VIPS ) which is an
*excellent* library for processing images ( I'm using the python
bindings, if your on osx, use the tarballs rather than installing it
via macports, this is an outdated release lacking radiance HDR support
). Some of the interesting features of VIPS are that concurrency comes
free, it reads / writes radiance HDR files natively, and operates
tile-based, such that unreasonably large image are processed
efficiently. Given the complete API, its an incredibly effective way
of processing HDR data.

Cheers,

-jelle