[Radiance-general] fatal XIO - newbie

ami guru dosto.walla at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 07:47:52 PDT 2009

Hello forum,

I am quite a new user to  that ray tracer. Just got a hold of the book and
installed the ray tracer in my Linux system.

Unfortunately i am getting the following error when i run one of the most
primitive commands:

****************************
sajjad at sajjad:~/Radiance/chapt1$ rview -vp 2.25 .375 1 -vd -.25 .125 -.125
-av .5 .5 .5 test.oct
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
      after 24518 requests (24518 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
sajjad at sajjad:~/Radiance/chapt1$ rview -vp 2.25 .375 1 -vd -.25 .125 -.125
-av .5 .5 .5 test.oct
XIO:  fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0"
      after 24515 requests (24515 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
sajjad at sajjad:~/Radiance/chapt1$

The scene is rendered though in the window , but after window resize event
it does not and the error pops up in the command line

Any idea why and how to get around that error?

Regards
Sajjad