[Radiance-general] HIgh illuminance values.

G V DEEPAK deepak.gv at ufl.edu
Wed Apr 22 18:42:37 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am performing simulations of Venetian blinds, for blind angles
from  0 to 45.

The illuminance values for the blind angles of 0 degrees and 45
degrees seem to be fine.
However,  I am getting very high illuminance values for the 15
degree and 30 degree blind angles for the sensor point which is
closest to the window .
The values are ranging from 8000 lux to 20,000 lux. which I guess
are totally unreasonable results when we have blinds placed in a
room.

These values are higher for the blind angles of 15 degrees and 30
degrees than for the completely open blinds (zero blind angle
gives us illuminance of 2500 lx).

Any idea why we are getting these high illuminance values for 15
and 30 degree blind angles?

Thank you.

G V DEEPAK
Graduate Research Assistant
M.E. Rinker, Sr. School of Building Construction.
University Of Florida.