[Radiance-general] sky models and color gradients

Ignacio Munarriz info at aisarquitectura.com
Mon Apr 20 04:04:46 PDT 2009

I converted that model to a radiance dome, i usually work with radiance
with aesthetical purposes so i'm not sure it's phisically accurate, it
misses the atmosferic effects because, as Lars said, i think it's
necesary to modify radiance code. I did it as part of a 3dsmax exporter
to rad i'm working with.
I got the main sources some time ago from a web page of the University
of Girona in Spain (sir project), i think they created the sources based
on some code related to the paper, i've returned to search for the
project again but i haven't found it on the internet.

It's a windows .exe file, the program creates three data files with
radiance colordata and outputs a radfile with the definitions of the sun
and the sky and a white box to avoid radiance no objects error, it uses
a calc file ssky.cal to map the data to the dome, the parameters are

                 lat Latitude (0-360)
                 long Longitude (-90,90) south to north
                 sm  Standard Meridian
                 jd  Julian Day (1-365)
                 tod Time Of Day (0.0,23.99) 14.25 = 2:15PM
                 turb  Turbidity (1.0,30+) 2-6 are most useful for clear
days.

gesky3 lat long sm jd tod turb (gesky 43 3 3 180 10 6 >ssky.rad)

you can download: www.aisarquitectura.com/archivos/ssky.zip

When i got it there were some code missing and i could not compile it as
it was so i modified it, but not to distribute because i don't know the
protocols to add new code (comments, licenses ...), so i can send the
source code to anyone who is interested in cleanning it or somebody
could try to help me in make it better

Ignacio Munarriz