[Radiance-general] December Illuminance values.

G V DEEPAK deepak.gv at ufl.edu
Fri Apr 17 15:59:23 PDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

I am involved in simulation on venetian blinds (using mkillum for
-ab 1). We are performing comparison for two sets of blinds, one
is the normal conventional horizontal blinds and the other one is
the split blinds in which the the blinds system is split into
three equal parts. when measuring illuminance values for year long
simulations . I observe that we get large errors in values in
December  varying from 10% to 60% ( difference in values between
conventional and split blinds though they are at the same angle
and same geometry) I observe these disturbances only in the month
of December and at the sensor point closest to the window. Is this
kind of error normal..?

Thank you

G V Deepak
Gainesville, Florida