[Radiance-general] sky models and color gradients

Lars O. Grobe lars.grobe at nus.edu.sg
Thu Apr 16 01:46:53 PDT 2009

Hi,

I remember that I once have seen a paper on modeling the color gradients
of the sky dome related to weather, time and location information, and
if I am not completely wrong, the authors had done that work using
Radiance. I am aware of several models for creating color gradients, but
I could not find anything that has been applied to Radiance. Of course I
am aware of Mark Stock's skycolor.cal, but that one takes known colors
as an input. Does anyone else have information on the topic, how to set
extend radiance brightness distribution by color models for the sky dome?

Thanks!!! Lars.