[Radiance-general] Insane Daylight Factor Rendering

Nick Doylend radiance at ndoylend.fastmail.fm
Sat Sep 20 14:58:22 PDT 2008

I've been scratching my head for a while over this one (I'm sure it's
something stupid I've done).  But I'm exporting from Ecotect using a
100lux overcast sky, rendering with the -i option to get a daylight
factor image.  I've narrowed it down to something that looks like
self-luminous ceiling soffits (I've rendered the scene with all the
other objects apart from the floor slabs and it's fine) - tracing the
illuminance value on the roof gives 100Lux as expected, but the floor
slabs are ablaze with light (>1kLux).  The image
(http://ndoylend.fastmail.fm/temp/test0_c5.jpg) looks pretty cool, but
it's absolutely useless.

Can anyone shed some light (sorry) on this one?

Nick