[Radiance-general] Experimental Radiance build scripts

R Fritz rfritz at u.washington.edu
Thu Oct 23 11:20:09 PDT 2008

It's a new set of scripts, though I started with Schorsch's scripts,
as well as the Radiance makefiles. This new set of scripts has ended
up very different because I had different goals. The scripts use more-
current SCons features. They are cross-platform, though the set of
platforms is limited. The libraries built follow the makefile model as
closely as I could quickly manage (few large libraries) rather than
the Schorsch model (many small libraries). I like to think that this
makes for simpler build scripts. I do, though, incorporate much of
Schorsh's Windows C code, so that pipes in scene description files
work. There are two small source-code tweaks, in included headers.
Probably the biggest practical difference is that I have not written
install code into the scripts, since these are a base for
experimentation rather than production.

Randolph