[Radiance-general] Glass Transmittance not showing

Jhun Calixihan jcalixihan at cladding.com
Mon Oct 6 20:11:36 PDT 2008

Hi!

I am new to Desktop Radiance and wish to ask if anybody knows why I could
not get any differences in luminance rendering clear and dark glass.  I have
2 types of glass, one is clear with below transmittance:

void glass Clear
0
0
3 	0.890 0.961 0.961

Another glass is darker with below transmittance:

void glass Project_SC_0_2
0
0
3 	0.308 0.308 0.308

We wish to know how dark would the rooms be with a glass shading coefficient
of 0.20 and visible light transmittance of 0.28.  The above radiance
transmission numbers were generated by Ecotect.  I tried editing them to:

void glass Project_SC_0_2
0
0
3 	0.28 0.28 0.28

But I get the same image rendered, the objects behind the glass looks the
same.  Looks like there is no difference in the transmission thru the glass,
or is there something wrong with my approach?  But when I click on the image
to display luminance I get different cd/m2 numbers.

Any advise would be helpful.  Thanks in advance!

Rgds,
Jun