[Radiance-general] Fwd: radiance

Thomas Bleicher tbleicher at arcor.de
Thu Nov 27 04:15:36 PST 2008

On 27 Nov 2008, at 04:52, G V DEEPAK wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am involved in the simulations of interior Venetian blinds in a
> 10' wide, 18' long and 10' high
> office room with one 6 ' by 6 ' window placed on the south
> oriented wall. The window sill height is 3'.
>
> I am observing that the illuminance levels inside the room (at the
> sensor point close to the window) are higher with the interior
> Venetian blinds placed in the model (4500? lux) as compared to the
> model without the blinds (3000 ?lux).

I've just had a quick look at your files. At the sky condition that
you've included in the files I'd say that the sunbeam through the
window misses the sample point (therefore no direct component).
If you have the blinds down you get some reflected sunlight at
the sample point which increases the illuminance.

I have to play around with your scene a bit to confirm this but
from an initial rendering this seems to be the case.

Can't comment on the glare issue.

Regards,
Thomas