[Radiance-general] Color reflectance values and materials..

chang cw solomoncw76 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 07:05:53 PST 2008

Hi guys,

I am not an expert with the radiance and i do not know if i am
repeating any simple stuff here.

Colour is a function of both the reflectivity and incident light.

Reflectivity itself is an intrinsic function and in this case i think
we are assuming lambertain( equal reflectance in all direction)
materials.

The amount of light that is reflected off a surface would be dependent
on the spectral shape of the incident light and the reflectance.

So in order to talk about the color properties of different object we
need to measure its reflectance ( use of a spectrophotometer).

Perhaps we can also include the type of incident light sources (
tungsten / sunlight) if we want to talk about reflectivity

Cheers
cw