[Radiance-general] Color reflectance values and materials..

Axel Jacobs jacobs.axel at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 05:08:56 PST 2008

Sorry, I keep forgetting that I'm replying to the digest. Re-posted
with proper Subject line...

> I have here a list of 50+ RAL and xKxxx (like 2K216) colors.
> I don't remember where I got those from and if I'm allowed
> to share them in public. I also do not know if the Radiance
> RGB values are validated or 'just' calculated.

Jan Diepens of University of Technologie Eindhoven sent me a complete
list of RAL colours some time ago. I have to admit that they are still
not in the ColourPicker. I've put them up for your perusal:

http://luminance.londonmet.ac.uk/pickup/ral_mat.tgz

If anybody is going to translate the names to English, please bounce
the changes back to me for inclusion in the ColourPicker. The values
were measured with a Minolta chroma meter from samples. YXZ was then
converted to Radiance RGB with a Radiance .cal file, so the values
should be accurate.

Axel