[Radiance-general] Color reflectance values and materials..

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Wed Nov 5 08:32:43 PST 2008

G V DEEPAK yazmış:
> Hello Everyone,
>
> I would like to know if there is any specific way to find the
> reflectance of red, green and blue in order to obtain a specific color
> desired.
>
> Secondly is there any library of materials to choose from ..?

Hi,

there are several ways, most of them described in Detail in the book
"Rendering with Radiance" which dedicates one chapter to the topic.
There are more or less three ways, first guess and compare, second
calibrated exposures, third specialized measurement devices. The choice
depends on both required accuracy (in many applications, the overall
brightness is much more important then color) and, of course, budget ;-)

CU Lars.