[Radiance-general] getting pixel value at x,y

loscotec at libero.it loscotec at libero.it
Thu May 29 05:30:04 PDT 2008

I was interested about this as well.. !!

Lucio

.Hi list,
.
.I wonder if noone else came to this problem, or if I just do not see the
.answer to a rather simple problem.
.
.Radiance comes with pvalue to extract pixel values of images. This is
.fine, as long as images are small - just redirect to a file, and the
.values can be read according to the coordinates written at the beginning
.of the lines.
.
.Now, for large images, this becomes a pain. E.g. if I want to get the
.values of 64pixels, with known coordinates, I cannot read out these with
.pvalue, but first must transform the complete image to a pvalue
.formatted text file. These files can become hundreds of MB in size with
.higher resolutions.
.
.Is there an easier and more efficient way to go? E.g. cropping the image
.first to the pixels wanted? I guess the only way to do so is pcomb,
.right?
.
.Lars.
.