[Radiance-general] Re: Desktop Radiance and IES plus new question on RGB

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Fri May 23 17:34:52 PDT 2008

Hi Nick,

The glow values (multiplied by whatever pattern is applied) are in
units of watts/steradian/sq.meter, or SI radiance.  There is no
maximum, and values below zero are even permitted in cases where you
are outside the standard RGB gamut.  You can compute luminance (in cd/
m^2) from these values by applying the formula:

	Lumiance = 179*(0.2651*Red + 0.6701*Green + 0.0648*Blue)

I hope this helps.
-Greg