[Radiance-general] Re: Desktop Radiance and IES plus new question on RGB

Nick Calcagni nac342 at drexel.edu
Thu May 22 11:38:57 PDT 2008

Thank you, both of you. But I was referring to the IES files from lighting
manufacturers as Greg said. Sorry for not being clear... ies2rad seems to be
exactly what I'm looking for.

Should the following be a new topic?

For something like the following (which is part of a converted IES file, I
think). But regardless, "glow" requires you to specify "red" "green" and
"blue" values. In the following they are equal: 9477... for each.

lamp_glow glow lamp
0
0
4 9477.696528 9477.697093 9477.697093    0
So what units are these values in? This ratio of R to G to B shows up in
other parameters too (light, illum). Is there a max value to these RGB
values or for their total? That's one basic thing I've always been confused
about.
Thank you,
Nick