[Radiance-general] out of memory in avstore

Christopher Rush Christopher.Rush at arup.com
Tue May 13 08:19:28 PDT 2008

rtrace -I+ -h -ab 7 -aa 0.05 -as 512 -ad 1024 -ar 10000 -av 0.1 0.1 0.1
-aw 1 -af ambfiles/trace.amb -dp 512 -ds .2 -dt .05 -dc .75 -dr 3 -dj .7
-sj 1 -st .01 -lr 8 -lw .001 -e errorfile octrees/room.oct < input >
result

I don't know if it will help your memory issue, but it seems your -ar
value of 10000 is much higher than should be required. I find that
extreme values for 'ar' are only required when the total scene size is
much larger than the zone you're interested in. An example would be a
daylighting model for a single small room in a building that also
includes large external geometry many times larger than the room itself.

Try -ar 200 and -ar 600. You may be surprised that high values don't
impact your results that much, but would have a strong impact on the
quality of rendered images.

-Chris