[Radiance-general] Official Radiance 3.9 Release

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Thu May 1 19:13:27 PDT 2008

On May 1, 2008, at 5:46 PM, Greg Ward wrote:

> I guess we are right around the 21st birthday, since Radiance saw
> it's first release sometime in 1987.  It was distributed by tape
> back in those days, as you'll surely recall.  Yup -- it predates
> the web by a comfortable margin.

I still remember talking to you on the phone Greg, circa 1993, a
neophyte lighting designer looking for a copy of Radiance, and had no
idea what the hell an Exabyte cartridge was.  We've all come a long way.

Speaking of which, just to slot me in to the age continuum of
Radiance users, I graduated from high school a year before the first
Radiance release (and started mucking around with Radiance about ten
years later).

> Someone should take 3.9 out for a drink!

Right on, Greg; your baby deserves a little more than root beer.  ;-)

_ Rob Guglielmetti

P.S.
I hope like hell to make the Workshop this year in Fribourg.  Sort-of
a closing of the loop that started there in 2002...

P.P.S.
Damn, I'm like, old and shit.