[Radiance-general] Rendering a normal map with RADIANCE

Claus B. Madsen cbm at cvmt.aau.dk
Fri Mar 14 05:29:56 PDT 2008

Hi Lars,

I need it for importing the per-pixel normals into a program I am
writing myself, which will estimate the scene illumination conditions
from an image of a scene. I have a 3D model of the scene, I know the
camera position and orientation relative to the scene, and from the
camera I get the "measured reflected radiances". Given the per-pixel
normal information I have developed a method for estimating the
illumination conditions in the scene ... makes sense?

Best,
Claus