[Radiance-general] no gendaylit ???

Bernd Zeimetz bernd at bzed.de
Wed Jun 25 08:33:05 PDT 2008

Hi,

> my operating system is Ubuntu8.04, and install radiance use
> apt-get install radiance and apt-get install radiance-materials
> I think the installed radiance should be 3.8version.

unfortunately it's not possible to distribute gendaylit via Debian and
Ubuntu as the license is not free:

 * You may not include this software in a program or other software product
 * without supplying the source, or without informing the end-user that the
 * source is available for no extra charge.

 * Don't even think of selling this software to other people, or
 * distributing it commercially, that is strict and explicit no.
 * This software is _not_ public domain, but copyrighted as
 * noted in the copyright file.

If somebody manages to talk copyright owners into publishing it under a
proper license, I wouldn't mind to package it for debian.

Cheers,

Bernd

--
 Bernd Zeimetz                           Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 GPG Fingerprint: 06C8 C9A2 EAAD E37E 5B2C BE93 067A AD04 C93B FF79