[Radiance-general] radiance missing executables

Rob Guglielmetti rpg at rumblestrip.org
Fri Jun 20 09:07:13 PDT 2008

Katja Doerschner wrote:
> Hello,
> The most recent distribution is lacking about 80 executable files
> including ximage and pvalue
> (from http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/framed.html)
> <http://radsite.lbl.gov/radiance/framed.html%29>. This is true for
> both the source download and for the linux precompiled download. But
> they are there in the Mac precompiled download. Any ideas where they
> went?
What are we talking about here, the source distribution?  From the link
you provided it is not clear.  I'm ASSuming you are talking about the
latest release or HEAD release of the source code, in which case there
are no executables in there.  The source code needs to be compiled into
executables on your system.  Sounds like you're using a mac, so in order
to compile the source you need to install the developer tools (Xcode),
which you can get from here:

http://developer.apple.com/technology/xcode.html

Then you'd run (as root) "makeall install" from the ray directory.

Let us know how that works out.

- Rob Guglielmetti
www.rumblestrip.org