[Radiance-general] trouble in installing radiance on ubuntu 8.03-a new user

Ilya A. Zimnovich webmaster at audice.com
Sat Jun 14 22:46:42 PDT 2008

Hello,

The packages will be installed into the directory specified by packages
itself. I suppose they'll be somewhere in a /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin or
/opt/radiance. Not in your home directory anyway!

I'm unsure if the RAYPATH env. variable will be set automatically.

You may download the package I compiled for Ubuntu 7.10 myself:
http://www.bakharev.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=27&Itemid=38

The files will be installed into /usr/bin and /usr/lib. Also it sets all
the env. variables needed for Radiance to work.

Best Regards,
Ilya