[Radiance-general] Re: Modeling Question for Translucent Glass

Greg Ward gregoryjward at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 15:35:38 PDT 2008

Hi Nikhil,

As Thomas said in his response, the material should show up in a
normal rendering.  The best way to model frit glass is to use the
"glaze.csh" script that I created with funding from Visarc.  For a
single-pane glazing using a full covering of V-175 white frit, this
script produces:

# Glazing produced by Radiance glaze script
# $Revision: 2.7 $
# Material surface normal points to interior
# Number of panes in system: 1
# Exterior surface s1 type: clear glass
# Interior surface s2 type: V-175 white frit
# s2 coating coverage: 1
# Exterior normal hemispherical reflectance: 0.33
# Interior normal hemispherical reflectance: 0.59
# Normal hemispherical transmittance: 0.21
#
void BRTDfunc glaze1_unnamed
10
         sr_frit_r sr_frit_g sr_frit_b
         st_frit_r st_frit_g st_frit_b
         0 0 0
         glaze1.cal
0
11
0.59
0.59
0.59
0.256
0.253
0.251
0.21
0.21
0.21
         -1      1

Try this for now, or run the script yourself to vary the parameters.
If you can't run the script because you only have a Windows machine,
then you may be stuck playing around with the "trans" material.

-Greg