[Radiance-general] Modeling Question for Translucent Glass

Nikhil Kapur building.simulation at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 09:50:33 PDT 2008

Hi,

I am fairly new to Radiance and was trying to model a interior translucent
glazing (possibly a ceramic frit). I have looked up the archive posts for
help but need a little bit more guidance on the modeling of the glazing. I
am modeling the white translucent glazing with about 50% transmittance using
the following parameters:

void trans translucent panel
0
0
7 1 1 1 0 0 0.5 0.2

I would like to know if I am correct in my assumptions.

The second issue which I have not been able to figure out is how to show
this trans material inside the space in the final rendering in Radiance as
it is essentially invisible.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

Regards,
Nik